Ultimate Race: Rules
ULTIMATE RACE IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS OF SERVICE, A COPY OF WHICH IS AVAILABLE BY CLICKING HERE, AND TO THE RULES BELOW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND, IN PART, ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRANTS.
Ultimate Race is a contest which costs nothing to play, but make sure you read and understand the following rules before playing, particularly the section about claiming prizes. The Ultimate Race game is scored automatically to eliminate human error, and all rules are strictly followed and enforced for all players.
How to Register: Limit (1) username per person/email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.How it works
The Ultimate Race is a fun-to-play handicapping challenge, which tests each Covers members handicapping ability across several sports. Picks are submitted until the first 100 participants cross the finish line by reaching the 200-win target. Once 100 members have reached 200 wins, the contest will end.
Participants are limited to a maximum of four picks per day, selecting any combination of sides or totals. Participants can select any game available on the Race game sheet. Pick options will change as selections are made - you will be required to submit picks across various sports.
Games with point spreads (Football and Basketball) are subject to availability. Money line sports (Baseball and Hockey) are subject to availability and games with a heavy favorite (Money Line greater than -150) will not be available for selection.
Football Picks are “No Action” if a game does not go more than 55 minutes.
In the event of a postponed, suspended, cancelled, or removal of an event for any reason (Rain Delay, Act of God, Death, Re-Schedule, etc.) participants will not be able to submit an alternate pick for that day as a replacement. Taking into account the weather or other such factors which could postpone/suspend/cancel or end a game in any way is a strategical aspect of the race. For each correct selection, participants will earn one win which will be used to rank you relative to the other contestants within the contest. The more total wins you earn, the better your rank will be. The top contestants according to the final standings will be eligible to win prizes.
Standings will update throughout the day, every day, as games are completing. This is an important note to remember for players who are closing in on the finish line - the start times of the various games on the selection board could play a key role in determining your final position on the leaderboard.
The final standings (positions 1 - 100) will not be considered official until 72 hours after the 100th contestant has reached the 200-win target. During this time we will verify that all members' final placement in the contest is in accordance with the rules.
Users can achieve a maximum of 200 wins for this contest. A user will be given the opportunity to select up to four picks per day; granted odds are available on four selections. Once achieving 200 wins, any additional pending picks will be void.Weekly Prizes
Every week for the duration of the Ultimate Race, Covers Media Group will award a Covers Prize Pack consisting of a Hoodie, Hat & Mug to the participant with the most race wins during the 7-day period prior to the prize being awarded. In the event of a tie, the winner will be determined by the following: (1) Highest win percentage (2) Earliest winning pick date time for the week (3) Earliest pick date time for the week.Tie Breakers
The race will officially end after 100 participants have reached the 200-win mark. Throughout the race, the following tie breaker will be used to rank users on the overall leaderboard in the event that multiple users are tied with a specific number of wins. If multiple users are tied, the earliest start time of their last winning pick (game) will be used as the tie breaker (time as listed on the pending page). As the second tie breaker, if users remain tied, the earliest pick time that each of the contestants entered with their last winning pick will be used to determine the leader. This will be determined by a time stamp recorded when each pick is submitted.Prizing Structure (in USD)
- $5,000 Cash - Awarded to 1st place finisher
- $2,000 Cash - Awarded to 2nd place finisher
- $1,000 Cash - Awarded to 3rd place finisher
- Covers Hoodie + $100 CE Credit - Awarded to 4-10 place finishers
- Covers Money Clip + $75 CE Credit - Awarded to 11-20 place finishers
- Covers Hat + $50 CE Credit - Awarded to 21-30 place finishers
- Covers Travel Mug + $30 CE Credit - Awarded to 31-40 place finishers
- $30 Covers Experts Credit - Awarded to 41-100 place finishers
- Weekly Prize - Covers Prize Pack - awarded to top weekly winner for the duration of the contest
Total prize purse valued at approximately $13,410.00 USDMiscellaneous Provisions:
If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, provincial and local laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes. Return of any prize/prize notification as undeliverable may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Sweepstakes. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Sweepstakes or in the announcement of the prize.
Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right, but not the obligation, to select winners from eligible entries received as of the termination date. Sponsors furthers reserve the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
Employees of Sponsor, its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries, participating advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers (and members of their immediate family and/or those living in the same of household of each such employee) are not eligible.How to Claim Prizes
- When you win a prize, an email will be sent to you asking for address verification and your PayPal account (PayPal info required for cash prize winners ONLY). You must respond to this email within 5 days to claim your prize. If you ignore the email, no prize will be sent. After you respond, the merchandise prize will be sent by postal service and the cash prizes will be sent via PayPal.
- If you provide us with any incorrect information, you forfeit any prize. Prizes cannot be sent to players who did not supply us with a valid mailing address (no PO Boxes), or valid email addresses. You are responsible to check your account information and make sure it is correct.
- Prizes listed are subject to availability. We reserve the right to substitute a prize of equivalent value if necessary. All contestants are limited to 1 prize per Race. The prize limits do not include prizes won in the Survivor Game that has separate rules.
- Prize(s) will be awarded to one user per household at Cover’s discretion.
- You must verify that you are at least 18 years old to be eligible for any prize.
- All winners of prizes valued at $250 or more must provide a scan/photo of a State/Provincial or Federally issued photo ID and also sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Publicity Release and Liability Release within 10 days of first attempted notification. Non-compliance within this time period will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner.
- Sponsor does not ship non-cash prizes outside of the United States & Canada. Winners of non-cash prizes outside of the United States & Canada will have the following Covers Experts credits (via promocode) automatically applied to their accounts in lieu:
- Hoodie winner: $50 in Covers Experts credits
- Hat winner: $30 in Covers Experts credits
- Travel Mug winner: $30 in Covers Experts credits
- Moneyclip winner: $30 in Covers Experts credits
- Any taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
For a copy of the most recent winners list please send a self-addressed envelope to:
Contest Winners List
Covers Media Group Limited
Please allow 3 – 4 weeks for a reply to be mailed.
The sponsor of Ultimate Race is Covers Media Ltd., whose mailing address is Suite 6, 1st Floor, Ross House, Victoria Place, Eyre Square, Galway, H91FPK5, Ireland. Fax: 00-353-91-444237
For any additional questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org