STREAK SURVIVOR RULES
STREAK SURVIVOR IS SUBJECT TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, A COPY OF WHICH IS AVAILABLE BY CLICKING HERE, AND TO THE RULES BELOW. NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. ODDS OF WINNING DEPEND, IN PART, ON THE NUMBER OF ENTRANTS.
Streak Survivor is easy and fun and costs nothing to play, but make sure you read and understand the following rules before playing, particularly the section about claiming prizes. The Streak Survivor game is scored automatically to eliminate human error, and all rules are strictly followed and enforced for all players.
- This is a Contest where entrants are rewarded for making consecutive correct selections of winners of specified sporting events. Prizes will be awarded for 21 consecutive correct picks, 17 consecutive correct picks, 13 consecutive correct picks, and 9 consecutive correct picks.
- HOW IT WORKS: Each day, registered entrants may select the team who they believe will be the winner in only one of a series of games listed. Limit one selection per person per day.
- You may select teams from the games listed at the website only. If your selection is a winner, you will receive one point towards your streak total. If your selection is a loser, your score will be reset to zero. If the game results in a tie, your score will not change. If a game that you have made a selection in is postponed, suspended, cancelled or removed from the board for any reason, your selection will not be counted and you will be able to make a new selection for a game played on a future date.
- You must make a selection on a game played within 7 days of your previous selection or your score will be reset to zero.
- Money line sports (Baseball and Hockey) games with a heavy favorite (ML greater than -130) will not be available for selection.
- Over/Under picks for MLB are graded as a push for games that do not complete 9 innings played (or 8.5 if home team wins). Your streak will continue at the same level prior to this selection.
Each eligible registrant to receive a score of 25 (25 consecutive correct selections) will receive $100,000 (or subsequent grand prize of equal or higher value if streak is achieved during a specific Survivor event. Subject to verification). Additional prizes will be awarded for streaks of 9 consecutive correct selections, 13 consecutive correct selections, 17 consecutive correct selections and 21 consecutive correct selections.
- HOW TO REGISTER: Limit (1) username per person/email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an online entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address.
- The user who signs up the user name is the only person eligible to win a prize, even if other persons log-in under the user name and make picks.
- PRIZES (FOR STREAKS STARTED ON OR AFTER March 1, 2010) AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ALL PRIZES ARE NOT GUARANTEED TO BE AWARDED):
- Grand Prize (awarded to each registered entrant to make 25 consecutive correct selections during the promotion period) – is $100,000 cash. Covers Media Group Ltd. retains the right to change the grand prize for specific events at any time. The grand prize during these events will be of equal or greater value than $100,000.
- All registered entrants who make 21 consecutive correct selections during the Promotion Period will receive $25,000 cash, however this is subject to the conclusion of the players streak. If the entrant extends their streak to 25 in a row, the entrant will receive $100,000 for reaching the 25 streak level. Any streak finishing in the 21-24 range will result in $25,000 for the eligible entrant.
- All registered entrants who make 17 consecutive correct selections during the Promotion Period will receive $1,000 cash, regardless of when entrants’ streak ends.
- All registered entrants who make 13 consecutive correct selections during the Promotion Period will receive a Covers Contests branded hooded sweat shirt (ARV $44.00 ea.) and all registered entrants who make 9 consecutive correct selections during the Promotion Period will receive a Covers Contests branded baseball hat (ARV $16.00 ea.).
- The registered entrant to accumulate the most wins each month will receive $1000. If multiple entrants are tied in wins at the end of a month, the following tie breaker will determine the winner: (1) Win percentage for month (2) Most Survivor wins total in entrants history (3) Member who submitted their first pick of the month the earliest (time stamp).
ALL TAXES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE WINNER. All prize values are in US dollars, and cash prizes will be awarded in US dollars.
- CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION: No transfer, assignment or substitution of a prize, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for an item of equal or greater value in the event an advertised prize is unavailable. All federal, state, local and provincial laws and regulations apply. Entrants agree to be bound by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. All winners of prizes valued at $600 or more must sign and return an Declaration of Eligibility, a Liability Release and where legally permissible a Publicity Release within 7 days following the date of first attempted notification. Failure to comply with this deadline may result in forfeiture of the prize and selection of an alternate winner. Acceptance of the prize constitutes permission for Sponsor and its agencies to use winner’s name and/or likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold Sponsor, its respective directors, officers, employees and assigns harmless for any injury or damage caused or claimed to be caused by participation in the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the printing of the offer, administration of the Contest or in the announcement of the prize.
- INTERNET: Sponsor is not responsible for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Sponsor further reserves the right to disqualify any individual who tampers with the game process. Caution: Any attempt by a contestant to deliberately damage any Web site or undermine the legitimate operation of the game is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such contestant to the fullest extent of the law.
- The Streak Survivor game is an ongoing competition. You can enter at any time. When your winning streak ends, you can immediately make another pick and try to start a new streak.
- Survivor events are specific promotions used to promote the Streak Survivor contest throughout the year. The nature of the promotion determines if prizing is affected. Any prize changes during a Streak Survivor event will be for equal or greater value than the standard prizes for each prize level.
- All prize winners must have a valid internet e-mail address. To be eligible to receive postal prizes, entrants must have a valid US or Canadian Postal Address. PO Boxes are not acceptable. Cash prizes will be sent to any user who can provide a valid PayPal account.
How to Claim Prizes
- When you win a Streak Survivor prize, an automatic email will be sent to you the
next day asking for address verification and PayPal account (PayPal info required for cash prize
winners ONLY). You must respond to this email within 5 days to claim your prize.
If you ignore the email, no prize will be sent. After you respond, the
merchandise prize will be sent via UPS ground and the cash prizes will be sent
- You are limited to one username when playing streak survivor. If a person is entering picks using more than one username, that person is deemed not eligible to win any prizes.
- Hats and jackets are sent UPS ground, so make sure your mailing address can receive a UPS delivery (no P.O. boxes)
- All players are limited to winning 2 hats and 2 jackets per year.
- You must verify that you are at least 18 years old to be eligible for any prize.
The sponsor of Streak Survivor is Covers Media Group Ltd., whose mailing address is Victoria House, Victoria Place, Eyre Square, Galway, Ireland.